We’re two weeks away from December 1, which means we’re two weeks away from launching our 2015 Grownup Advent Calendar!
I had so much fun working the holiday spirit back into my world every day of the season last Christmas, and I’m excited to have you on board with me this year to make the season a little brighter.
And sheesh, now I have “Last Christmas” in my head. I should… fight it… but I… can’t…
There. That’s better. Now we can ALL have it on our heads together, because isn’t that the spirit of the season?
Anyway, with two weeks to go until we officially start this party, I figured it was appropriate to explain what you can expect to find on this blog during the month of December.
- A new Grownup Advent prompt every morning. I’m based in Nebraska, which means I don’t normally begin my day until 5:30 or 6 a.m. (when I’m being good), so I’ll make sure to schedule each of these posts in advance so they appear at 2 a.m. If we have any friends participating across the pond, I hope this will give you enough notice to plan your day.
- Expect some “lighter fare” activities on weeknights with more involved fun on the weekends. The point of Grownup Advent is to have fun without stressing too much, so I’ve planned the calendar accordingly. That doesn’t mean the weekday activities will be a snooze-fest, but it just means the activities should take a little less time to enjoy.
- Activities will vary. That means some days it will be more about having an experience. Other days it might mean making something. There will be reading, movie/TV watching, baking, crafting, and so on.
- Feel free to adapt each of these activities to meet your lifestyle. We all have different time and financial budget constraints, and I encourage you to adapt each of these suggested activities to best fit your world. At the same time, if there’s ever an activity that makes you uncomfortable or tense, please feel free to sub it out for something else. I just encourage you to find something so you can keep the spirit of the season going throughout the month.
- Share your experience. I’ll post a picture from each of my own daily Grownup Advent results on Instagram with #grownupadvent. It’s the same hashtag I used last year for the experience, and it was a fun way for me to document the experience. I encourage you to share yours too if you like and to let me know what you think. I also hope to do a weekly recap of photos, but we’ll see how that goes.
If you have any questions about Grownup Advent please feel free to post them in the comments on this post. I’ll do my best to respond with an answer as soon as possible.
Thanks for joining in the fun!